View Single Post
# 3 31-08-2003 , 07:22 AM
Subscriber
Hiyall, really glad that I decided to do the challenge, didn't have anything on anyhow so it was good practice - I learnt a bit about making tilable textures + lighting in maya; which I'd always felt was really daunting but now I have some understanding. And props to the guy (I can't remember his name) who offered me tech support on the light linking problem, that was tremendous - its something I didn't know before. but now I do user added image I'm incredibly stoked. I also didn't want to put a watermark but I can stop myself in the current DaleWilliams/MTaylor climate. It's there but I tried to make it as unobtrusive as possible. Looking forward to comments and the next challenge on this forum user added image :bgreen: :bgreen:

LAST COMMENT, I promise. My first challenge so go easy... bit longwinded ... eh? Umm.. I'm working on this PC and the images look quite nice although on different computers it looks different - from washed out to too dark. I tried looking at them on the emacs here and they looked washed out. That's the comments I got from my friends too - alternating between too dark or washed out/grey. Like I said, looks fine here. But I'd appreciate some sort of feedback on how to get the colour balance thing right. On with the show.. Here's the Final Render

Attached Thumbnails