View Single Post
# 186 14-03-2011 , 10:43 AM
Lifetime Member
Hey Chirone...I have had that before too...and my rotate manip went all weird as well...it went elliptic???....aaaaahhhhhh Maya.

Whether or not they are 'tricks and tips' or whatever people want to call them...they are all part of the knowledge base guys....and ANYTHING that can help a noob like me become a complete amateur in Maya is good for me. Dialogue is great...and I think does encourage people to experiment. There is NOTHING worse (trust me) than having a mate that does EVERYTHING by the book...this is a boring approach and finite in its end result.

I have to train people to be Surveyors and the first thing I say is this..."what did you learn in school??" pupil " well I know how to calc this and do that and wizzbang Im a Surveyor" me " throw NEARLY all the crap you learnt in the bin...its no good here..this isnt theory..this is real world money etc etc ". I never went to school to learn how to Survey...I learnt on the ground, in the dust and dirt the hard way...and I have been told I am a good Surveyor...because I dont follow the books.

So in finishing, I will say 'thank you' to ANYONE that will post some titbit of info...its the only way to truly learn sometimes (no Im not knocking those who have studied) I studied in a different way and it worked.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 14-03-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling