View Single Post
# 1 11-09-2003 , 04:51 AM
19 year Veteran

Maya vs. 3DS, Light Wave, Rhino ino ect...

I have been browsing alot of CGI cites just recently and I really don't see very many people using Maya. I see more people using 3DS and 3DS Max more than any thing else. I also see quite a few use Light Wave and Rhino, all with stunning results.

For those who have worked with these other CGI programs, are they easier to use then Maya is? The more I get into maya, the harder it gets. Im seeing some really amazing stuff with these other programs ( very life like ) but don't get me wrong, I see amazing stuff with maya aswell, and from the very talented people here at this website. It's just that I seeing more cool stuff from the competition as opposed to Maya. I see more Medicore stuff from Maya than anything else.

The single most dissipointment from maya so far ( that I have noticed ) is the lack of sci-fi modeling being displayed "anywhere". Hardly any Starwars models or Star trek models. No Blade Runner models, no Alien or Aliens models. Most everything I see in Maya is common everyday stuff, with the exception of dragons and LOTR models. I do know that Maya is the most expensive package around, and not very many people can acquire it, but as a member of this website, and as a Maya user, I would very much like to see more dedicated movie/sci-fi models displayed on this site. I think perhaps that would generate more traffic to this site and more members that may or may not have Maya at this time.