Thread: Trax question
View Single Post
# 4 14-10-2002 , 11:42 PM

re trax/keys etc, NLA........

Hi Nem,

first off,

a quote from a 'professional animator', "Make every key yours, do not let the computer dictate anything", or something like that anyway. What this guy means is that to get 'character' into your character make every keyframe count (don't rely on the interperlation of the software).

So, for me (who animates in layers, ie. broad poses to final subtle secondary motions) this means if I want to go back and 'tweek' a bunch of keys I want to be able to find them and have immediate feedback when I make changes.

The animators who worked on 'Stuart Little 2' said that to animate a shot, ie. 1 character doing some gestures and talking could take up to a week to animate. I guess animation can be time consuming is what I mean, (especially tweeking the movements, etc..)

Second, the reference to NL it isn't will become apparent for you at some point, primarily because of what I stated above.

I truly hope that AW fixes the bugs/problems with Trax because it can make some things simpler and faster.

Anyway, I hope this waffle of mine helps or illuminates things somewhat for you Nem.

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....