View Single Post
# 29 21-07-2008 , 10:00 PM
Subscriber
ok, if we are getting serious and off the junk food.., this is my mainstay.., (i live alone, hard to cook for one but this is THE quick healthy fix for the bachelor.., or just plain dude)

buy crumbed chicken, beef or pork (depends on religion i guess ??)

buy fresh vegetables

put fresh vegetables in enclosed plastic container with a little water at the bottom (it will turn to steam so dont need much).., then in micro wave for 6-10 minutes (depends on vegetable.., timing is important.., potatoes first for 4 min, then put carrots in on top.., another 3 minutes.., put chop choy or spinach in for another 2 minutes

meanwhile the crumbed meat has been put in a fry pan around the same time the carrots wen in to the microwave

if done properly everything is finished cooking at the same time.., and instead of staring at the microwave you have had time while waiting to continue playing (or working) with maya.., does it get better than that???

breakfast.., crumpets with fresh strawberries (in season or too expensive) on top, lots of sugar.., and fresh cream.., all served with strong coffee (with more fresh cream).

take it easy and life will be easy