View Single Post
# 11 25-11-2010 , 04:58 AM
Administrator
stwert, I agree with you personally I've never registered for any of these social networking sites and I belong to those people who just don't get it. I find skype distracting enough and there you at least have real conversations with people, so I've never really felt a need to connect with people on facebook and twitter because I'm not interested in recieving info on what bar my friend might be going to or that she just came back from a holiday.

David just handed over the whole facebook thing to me, I get the less popular jobs around hereuser added image so I'm just speaking to people I know who are hardcore users and they're telling me about some of the reasons for why they think it's great such as staying in touch with friends abroad and organizing student events etc. So I can see some positives for certain people, even if it's not my thing, but as an online based business you are a bit of an idiot if you choose to ignore 500 million members based on a personal preference. The new site design is extremely clean and it looks great, so it is with slight pain in my heart I blast facebook all over it we're still in doubt about to what extent we should integrate things like "like" buttons.

For blogs oh my god, I hate those things. I read a lot of cg blogs and there's some really good ones, but why every single person who has nothing of interest to say has to have their own personal blog about their life I don't get. It's a nightmare when you have to spend a lot of time searching on google and you keep coming across these nonsense things. I think they help turn the internet into a giant junkyard and defeat the whole purpose of free information flow.