View Single Post
# 10 19-04-2010 , 08:25 PM
Cheers for your replies and comments Bullet and Stormgetto,

I like the idea of a sidecar Bullet, I had thought of it already and it would make the whole balance side of things alot easier, but I think I'm going to have to stick with it the way it is.

The main reason for that is that if I change it too much now, knowing me I'll get into the second half of the time limit and won't have started texturing it, I have a kind of plan to be starting on the background around the halfway mark.

Which leads me to Stormgetto's comments,

there has been a whole debate on CgTalk about whether the criteria for the comp should be "make it look like Syd did it" or "make your own thing, taking inspiration from Syd".
I'm going to go for a bit of a mixture, the main vehicle is Syd inspired, but done as I thought it up, but I'm going to try making the background a bit more like Syd himself drew it. (Hopefully, who knows how that'll turn out as I'm going to draw it in 2d, not make it in 3d...lol)

The end result will be two renders side by side, each one each mode, and the background a cityscape/highway type job, complete with Logo, slogan, and some other bits of writing. So it's a billboard ad for the bike itself. So hopefully within that, it'll explain the "story" side of it.

Thanks for the comments and crits guys, it's given me more to think about for sure.

Cheers!

Virtual City Challenge Apr 09

Spaceship Challenge June 09

Speed Machine Challenge Feb 2011

My Art and 3D Instagram
My DeviantArt Page