View Single Post
# 1 08-09-2006 , 06:35 PM

Duplicate spilt Polygon or something like that

Hi all.

I am modelling a house from a set of builder’s plans which were drawn up by an Architect and I have cut the base or the foundations out of a cube and now I am going around the shape first putting a split face in for the outer wall 10 mm back, then I am putting a split face 7.5 mm back for the cavity, then another split face 10 mm back for the inner wall and then finally another split face 2.5 mm back for the render.

It is quite a wide project so I keep going from left to right lining things up, I also keep having to move the base so I can use the grid for my measurements and it is taking for ever.

I was talking to the Architect and he was telling me that when he draws his lines he draws the first one and tells AutoCAD to make a duplicate so many mm down and then again and AutoCAD redraws the lines for him with the specified offsets in seconds.

I know you can do this with objects in Maya 7 but I can’t find away to do it with the “Split Polygon Tool” or anything else. I just feel I am taking a couple of days to do something, which should take minutes if only I was not such a Lemon.

Can anybody help a Lemon?