View Single Post
# 1 17-07-2004 , 02:02 AM

Exporting as md3's.....and/or: what are tags?

Hullo-

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on exporting Maya 6.0 (or Maya 5.0, if necessary) models and animations as MD3 files. (I don't know a ton about md3 file format, but, as an example, that's what was used for quake3).

I've downloaded the md3 plugin fromquake rally and it seems to load alright, but I just can't get it to work.
The best result i've had so far is a one-liner text file that essentially says "frames: 10 and model: 0", or it just tells me it can't find the operation.
I tried downloading the source code as well, but I don't know enough (or anything, I suppose) about programming to do anything productive.

I know I should be triangulating the model and baking the vertices, which I have done.
I also keep finding references to "tags" used to label the three portions of the model (head, upper, & legs) but I don't know how or what they are in Maya- I can't seem to find the term "tags" in help and I'm not sure what the equivalent would be. This 3d max tutorial kind of explains their purpose, but only describes how to make them in 3d max, of course.

Alright, well, that was kind of a long description, but hey. Thanks just for reading it (if you read it and didn't just skip to the bottom of the message hoping to find a concise question) and if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it.
Ciao ciao.
-katie

-katie

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - rwe