View Single Post
# 2 20-07-2004 , 12:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hmm..

1) Too dark. At least the subway station is. I can understand wanting to light it as being dark, but for an evaluator to really SEE it, you might want to provide shaded views and/or wire-on-shaded views. What I could see seemed very game-res. If that's what you're going for, that's fine. But I couldn't see the textures very well.

2) Too much emphasis on the train station. The video was already half way through and we're still focusing on the first presented piece. Don't focus on a single project for longer than you really need to.

3) More variety! Whether you're going for a game artist job, or a film job, I'd definitely like to see more than the 2 projects. If one of the two really blew me away, it might not be necessary... unfortunately, that didn't happen.

4) For the 2nd project, if it was done for a game, and you're wanting to get into games, you'll want to inform the viewer of the polycount. Probably also a good idea to show wire/shaded views.

I'd assume you're going for an environment artist, as that's what's on your reel. If so, I'd suggest more environments... maybe an outdoor environment? Sci/fi and fantasy? That kidn of thing.

If you aren't necessarily just wanting an environment modeling gig, you'd need to show more of whatever else you want to do, be it characters, animation, etc.

The best I can think I'd personally do, is give you an art test after seeing this reel and your website's gallery to get a better sense of what you're capable of. I probably wouldn't hire you outright.

Good luck!

Nice web site, btw.

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt