View Single Post
# 1 31-07-2004 , 05:02 AM

First Real Project

If anybody has ever watched Robotech (or Macross, as it's known in Japan) ..this model should bring back teary-eyed memories of watching Khyron blasting the crap out of his own people. 8-)

Unfortunately...I don't have enough of a working knowledge w/ UV mapping to map the body very effectively. Any advice would be very much appreciated. 8-)

It doesn't look like much right now...and I have to give credit to people who made the shaders (particularly the red fractal on the cockpit and the heavy_metal bumpmap...which I used all over the model with varying colors).

I plan to use particles to add thruster flames when it flies....but that's probably going to be the last thing I do.

That's not a pose, it's completely rigged and it's walk cycle consists of quite a bit of secondary motion along with the main leg movement. The main gun swings back and forth (always toward the foot off the ground), the gunarms bounce up and down, and the tips of the toes fall forward as the foot is lifted off the ground.

I made this as a learning experience, but with a little more time and effort I'm hoping to expand it into a very cool movie (mainly consisting of it running around and blowing stuff up).

I really need more information using the Trax editor, as it stands now, I know virtually nothing about how to create and use clips, blend them together or add poses and non-destructive keying. If it's helpful, I do have a character set created for it--but I don't know how to REALLY use it to help me.

Attached Thumbnails