View Single Post
# 13 25-01-2004 , 08:25 PM
okay i didn't think an incomplete body and a third of a head would count as a model. however b4 doin this model i'd probably spent only about another 20 hours on the 2 screw ups, i could post a pic if u guys like. except i don't know how to render out an image in lightwave.

also in doin this model there's still so much to maya, just the modelling component alone, that i don't know and understand. i used only tools like extrude edge, merge vertices, split poly, the 'del' key on my keyboard, and ur standard transformation tools. outside of that i'm almost clueless. alot of times the placement of vertices were not deliberate but just dumb luck and it came out right. i just thought about what i learned so far of topology and the actual shape of the head.

to be frank, i think i did a good job considering how much time i've spent actually modelling. i've studied more about modelling on the net then actually doin it. i read basic tuts, and even advanced tutorials that would be useless to me at this point. i even downloaded all the free vid tuts in simplymaya. i myself am quite surprised, and happy at how it turned out. but it doesn't mean i can model anything else. i haven't tried, i will. i'm starting school in a few weeks so hopefully i can put in some time.

oh and twisteddragon33:
"the way in which he told us and made a point to let everyone know it was his first model it just seemd like he was purposely being decieving". i've only been hobbying with 3d modelling for the past 2 weeks. i'm still a noob am i not? i've never touched or thought bout 3d modelling b4 that.
and how is the head too long? i want to fix it but i'm not sure what u meant. hope u can clarify. thanx

mtmckinley: thanx for the vote of confidence, but i don't think i "get" it just yet. that's why it took me so long, it's all tweak, tweak, and some more tweak.

- raimZ