Thread: maya island
View Single Post
# 31 24-01-2008 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
'well maybe when he said it was gonna be a set, it was gonna be for dolls or puppets! then carpet waves would work!'

LOL, i dont think a carpet would work as a sea for even dolls.., the truth of the ocean shader is i have no idea what im doing.., if it is under the water i have a much better idea.., but waves, frequency, foam admission, height, ect.., i was only playing around.., this is far from anything like finished.., around maybe 15% done overall.., the ocean is a hard one and seems to depend a lot on the angle of the camera.., maybe i should whack a sampler info node on it (joking). i tried to get waves (i didnt use the 'examples' in the visor) bigger and better with everything i got,.., turbulence, all the connection variables.., all i could think of and all i get is a badly tiled plane, shaded blue with a little transparency. ??

i think there is much more wrong with it than the sea.., the sand is wrong, the grasses are just place holders for geometry i have yet to make.., such as vines, alpha cards, the rocks are still default shader 1, no foot prints in sand or props yet, nothing at all except an island that doesnt know if it is deserted or inhabited.

but thanks for the nice words.., but i think this scene is a shocker and am surprised how hard it is.., one piece of geometry with a ground plane is a different kettle of 'fish' than a set.., thats for sure.

no its not a dolls set.., i have another one on the way that will be a cartoon set. but this process takes a long time and a lot of steam.

Muser added image

it was simply an update to keep myself reminded.

as i said, thanks for the thought!! user added image

take it easy and life will be easy