View Single Post
# 10 22-10-2002 , 08:07 AM
Subscriber
Ian

One thing before you think of geting the book, it does say that you should be familiar with Maya's interface and layout and basics before you start. So make sure that your are (I imagie you already are anyway).

Another thing that springs to mind is I think it is a good idea to learn rigging before you start modelling. WHY? I started modelling first and then started rigging and animating that's when I discovered a fundamental lesson - MODELLING FOR ANIMATION.

Your model may look excellent but when you start to animate it (especially characters) it may deform like a right mess. If you get the book study the models supplied and study other peoples rigged character models. Things like putting extra geometry in at joints and around the mouth for lip-sysncing, you will save yourself alot of time.

Once you animate a character you will see where the problem areas are, I find the shoulders and hips the most problemactical. SO that should help give you a good start and any other novices who read this thread.

Thus endeth the lesson!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com