View Single Post
# 26 18-05-2005 , 12:56 PM

but you seem to be taking my work as some kind of a threat to you or your profession

No that's not what I meant at all. What I meant was that on these boards (and most others) people are too scared off saying what they think for fear of upsetting someone, or maybe they just dont know any better. I am lucky enough to have professional experience in this idustry and that's what i try and bring to my crits rather than "hey great job you rock!". which is what you will get from some people.

If you can't handle an honest crit then don't post your work up to be reviewed. If all you want are people to pat you on the back and say well done then you should specify this at the top of your first post.

I would never set out to hurt someone's feelings on a piece of work they have done because I know EXACTLY how much work goes into these things. I gave encouragement and praise on getting this far so I hardly think that classifies as being hurtful.

If you think my crit was bad you have never been in "dailies" at an FX house. there is no mucking around people tell you what they think and don't give a stuff for how you feel about it. This industry is brutal and you have to be thick skinned if you want to do it professionally.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB