View Single Post
# 11 13-06-2006 , 02:55 PM
Like I said, there's parts of that tutorial that I don't think were done that great. If you look at his surfaces, some are a little bumpy. As for the 3 vs. 4 curve question, I never, if at all possible make a surface from 3 curves. There's always a solution that keeps it to a 4 curve patch, you just have to visualize it and solve the problem. You really have to study your reference photos in detail to come up with the best solution, and always be open to scrapping all your hard work if you suddenly come up with a brilliant idea to solve a problem. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted building a model, only to trash it after a light bulb goes off in my head, and I find a cleaner, simpler method to doing it. Don't be stubborn and impatient to have a finished product. Pick one single surface and focus only on that one little piece until you're 100% happy, then move on to the next.

Anyway, I just done with a 12 hour shift at work (graveyard shift), so I gotta get some rest. I'll check this thread again later today. See ya.