View Single Post
# 1 03-06-2005 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber

Newb - Home Movie Effects Questions

I'm new to this environment but I've always had any interest in 3D animation and especially as it relates to movies and special effects. I only recently had the chance to jump into it with Maya and several other programs that Ive been using for very basic home movies. My question is this.....I have some basic video footage I took of the family and want to add in a Maya generated model/animation. I was planning on doing the following...if you can correct my thinking or refer me to a better method I could use your expertise....

I have the video footage and I will create a Maya 3d model and animate it with a green background. I will export it to .tga clips and combine them into an .avi. Using Premiere I will make the green background transparent and overlay it onto my original video footage. (or do I need to do it the other way around?? original footage needs to have green screen? anyway.....) I think this will work but your input is appreciated.

Before I make my Maya model/animation can you point me to a tutorial that describes how to scale my model appropriately for my original video footage? How big does my character need to be in order to fit in properly with my video footage?

Sorry if this was addressed in other threads but based on my questions I wasnt sure terminology I need to reference or what this would be categorized under.

Thank you in advance for any support and advice you may have. I'm looking forward to making my first movie creation user added image