View Single Post
# 1 03-01-2007 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber

that mech from 3d-palace

iam gonna (hopefully) be making the apu from 3d-palace. i scanned through the tut and whoa i was impressed with the details and complexity of the model but he did it all using very simply stuff. shows how good he is with primitive tools. like boxes and chamfers. even though the tut is for max i would highly recommend this tut for ppl who are looking for tuts on polywork. he constantly repeats the same procedures yet it turns out with some awesome results. i would say just about any mayan who knows the basics of modeling would be able to follow along just fine. basically all you need to know is how to make cylinders, boxes, split poly tool, extrude and bevel. not to difficult. updates might not come in very often. maybe up to once or twice a week. depends how iam doing. so with that said lets get on. really hope i get to finish this. i just about have the toe done, but gonna show the steps that i used.

starting off with the creat poly tool i roughed out the basic shape. then extrude the face. the did some beveling.

Attached Thumbnails

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!