View Single Post
# 1 23-11-2003 , 04:19 AM

need some help with projections

Hi,

I'm trying to apply some texture to this mug I just modeled. I have a layered shader asigned to the surface. On the lower layer I have a blinn material for all the white stuff. On the upper layer I have a planar projection for the Cobra. This projection has a file texture attached to it (that's the red cobra file of course), and a 3D placement node (or whatever you call those "place3dTexture"). I moved it arround to fit the place where I wanted the cobra to be on the cup, and from the outside it looks just the way I want it, but then when I looked inside I realized that the projection also afects the inside wall of the cup (I noticed it bc I saw its reflection on the other side of the cup).

Now, I figured I could just reduce the depth for the projection or something to prevent it from going as far as the inner wall. But I can't do that because the surface is curved, so if I change the z axis for the projection in any way it would either but the picture in the middle or at both sides. I thought of using cylindrical projection intead of planar, but I don't think that would work either, what I would need is a semi-circle projection.

Any ideas???

Here are some images,

user added image

user added image

user added image

Thanks for your help.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup: