Thread: Hummer
View Single Post
# 105 23-01-2011 , 03:20 PM
Cheers for the kind words guys, really appreciate it. I have uvd a large amount of the black hawk and some of the hummer and will begin texturing these in the next few days.

Daverdave
With regards to the beard and brows I agree and is an easy fix as it just means making some adjustments to the hair which is set up with shave and haircut.
I was shocked with the ease of use with regards to face robot. My workmate got a load of tutes off a wiki which I will post the link to when I see him tomorrow. I earlier learned how you can plug in a sound wav file and text type the recording in order to have your character talk. It is not the greatest lip synch animation ever but is very good for a quick result. Am gonna set up some motion capture in the next few hours and get that on the face as this is what it is designed for.
I will upload videos of both tests so you guys can check the results in the next couple of days. If you want to do facial animation I would certainly advise giving it a look though as you can get good results very quickly. Also if you have any experience with rigging and weight painting it will also help you with regards to the basic workflow.
The big problem is getting the animated face back onto your rigged model in Maya and this is gonna be where I am gonna have to do some problem solving. The quick option is to keep the head separate from the body but i am going to see if I can find a better way and if so will post my workflow here.
If any of you guys try to use it and run into any probs or could use some capture just let me know and I will do my best to help.

Cheers,

Leon