View Single Post
# 4 20-01-2007 , 07:40 PM
I gather theres no common format that supports video in virtual reality, so that I could share it on my website for instance. However, I have to believe that there must be some kind of format somewhere that I could export those to for my own viewing.

As far as projection that idea with the spotlight would not work in real life optics as a lens is needed to focus the light. Anyway, if it did work in Maya it seems like it would be rather complicated to set up and I've already described my skill level or lack thereof. But projection is not really what concerns me.

As far as after effects, yes thats the kind of thing I'm asking. If anyone has experience using a program like after effects or shake for something like this please speak up!

Neostrider- why do you reccomend rendering as an image sequence? Is Maya not so good for rendering video frames as an movie? Thats why I asked if there was another 3d program that was better and easier for this kind of thing, as its a rather unorthodox use of one. Of course I guess a specifically Maya forum is not the best place to ask this!

Gster- I'm trying to model a multi-screen video installation so I can see what it looks like and show it to gallery's without having to find a good space and bunch of projectors. I'm talking about something like this by one of my idols, Bruce Nauman: https://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewW...xt&texttype=10