View Single Post
# 10 18-02-2003 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
Hi Mumbojumbo and BsPnthr12,

Yup... the F117 is Black, but my experience isn't that big yet, and I don't know much about shading at the moment... when I make the F117 black it becomes almost just a Black thing with no contours... just like this rendering...

https://www.strarup.net/simplymaya/testrender05.jpg

that's why I desided to give it something to give it form, and used a shader I found, so it doesn't just look like a black thing with no contours, until I have solved the problem or found a shader which will make it look more towards the real thing... user added image

at the moment the color isn't the thing I'm woring the most about... the bottom of the plane, the back and front with the window's part are giving me much more problems... I have started overnew from scratch because the blueprint's didn't overlap well enough on some critical places...

https://www.strarup.net/simplymaya/testrenderprobs01.jpg

the red part's are the problems area's and the green one's are the places where there were just to many differences between the blueprint's...

when I chose the F117, I thought it would be a bit easier than I have discovered it not to be... why I thought it would be much more easy to model are because of the "corner" structure... the meaning was then I would be using polygon cubes... but I dropped that, since it got way to complicated... so I have been using polygon planes, which I'm stitching together... I have learned a lot about polygon planes, vertices and a bunch of the controls & functions in Maya, but in all it is still just a micro tiny part of what Maya can do, and modelling... user added image

I'm very amazed when I look around in the forum, and see the things some of you have maded... and I hope some time in the near furture I can do the same... but now when I'm strucling with this model, it sometimes feel like I'm lightyears behind you, and it may take some time before I can produce a rendering of it that makes it look more real... I'm very newbie regarding Maya and the 3d area... user added image

but I'm not giving up though... I have vacuumed the net about pictures of the F117, which I'm studying at the moment, especialy around the back part because I don't have a blueprint of that part... also the front part around the window because it is not very detailed in the blueprint...

so I hope the cooktail, of blueprints, pictures, photoshop, Wacom graphire and my imagination can get towards the solution... but if I can make it before Feb. 28, I don't know at the moment, but I'm trying my best... it is my first real modelling project in Maya... and my first goal with this project, is to learn Maya and to modelling something, second goal is to try to make it within a deadline... I feel much of the first goal is almost forfilled, but if I also can make the second goal, I don't know yet... user added image

To Kevin,

I will work on it, and try to do my best... I hope soon to have produced some views of the front window part I'm working on, also the new Top "skeleton"/body of the F117, and the Bottom part... if I can make it within a week, I will try to see if I can make the wheel part, and maybe also let the window part to be opened... but it depends on how far I get with the first things... user added image

regards

Strarup