Thread: Softbodie Flag
View Single Post
# 5 01-08-2003 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by foxhound
Ok well after i create a softbodie out of polygon plane i pick the flag and go to "Paint soft bodie weight tool" .My problem is that when i do i dont see a grey or white area where the weights would be to manipulate them.

As i said before i would like to get the left side of the flag stay stiff, kind of like if it was on a pole so i can get effects to get the rest of the flag waving.

I know Emo,it's just my luck that when i finally need a tutorial on the subject they go ahead and take it down.lol

ok there is 2 problems i can think of.
  • you dont have color feedback enabled in display section of attribute paint tool
  • you are in wireframe mode (4-key) you need to be in shaded mode
and a suggestion as i just played with it - if you create the softbody, make it with goal weight of 1.0 and then paint the weight for the flag to e.g. 0.5 and leave the part of the pole at 1.0. with the default goal weight of 0.5 the flag cannot be painted to stay in place (as the weights are limited to 0-1). and depending on how it looks like, it might be worth to make the flag slowly going softer and softer (so that the weights go from 1 to 0 the more you go away from the pole).

hope that made sense ...