View Single Post
# 4 21-12-2002 , 04:58 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I never finished the guitar as I just did it quickly to play around with creating insets. Anyway, if you look at the screenshot all I did was draw the main body shape with CV curves (using a les paul pic from gibson's site as a reference plane) closed the curve and smoothed it. Then I just used bevelplus and played with the depth, beveling the edges slightly, and checked to add bottom and top caps.

What happens is it creates a poly shape out of CV curves basically...all one shape so you don't have to go the route of lofting a couple curves then adding planar trims. By solid poly caps, I just mean that the caps as well as the whole shape are all poly so you can add booleans to it or whatever. For me, it was exactly what I was looking for...to be able to draw a 2D bezier shape, then be able to extrude it and have caps. I could never get planar trims to work right on a loft...or if I wanted to make it all one object, it seemed more difficult than it really should be.

After using bevelplus, I just adjusted the depth of the guitar with the standard transform tools (scale or move). Easy! user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."