View Single Post
# 1 02-04-2007 , 01:17 AM

maya personal learning edition

hi!. im new to maya (just started today) and iv been trying to work through the modeling a basic human video tutorial from this site. without a huge amount success

i applied a material to the plane in the perspective view and pressed 6 to see it as a reference image

then when i later switched to front view the plane was white with no identifiable image

i re-applied the image to the plane in front view and it worked! but when i went back to the perspective view the plane was textured with the "maya personal learning edition" logo. :headbang:

im also finding the interface awkward i keep having to go to preferences to reset the windows every 5 minutes

im also having problems using hull to scale an opening in a nurbs sphere. instead of shrinking the opening when i scale it it seems to drag it into the centre of the object.

allthough im new to maya i have a small amount of experience in max.

does anyone know where i could be going wrong so far.. or of a tutorial thats really great for an absolute beginner who seems to get everything wrong lol

and another question would is the interface anyway restricted in the learning edition? perhaps this could be a problem.

thanks allot user added image

thanks