View Single Post
# 7 09-11-2010 , 01:53 PM
Yeah thx for the advice, its true I dont really need the house to be smoothed... Theres alot of uneccesary time wasted there... But I sort of knew that anyway. As for having a model made up of several meshes, it was my plan to model things like the actual window frames/air conditioners/the ladder that leads to the top of the water tower thing on the roof seperately. But I wish I'd been told that pearl before I started modelling my Char WIP 'Vegeta' He's all one mesh.... Argg I spent so much time on him.. This was before I knew what a smooth proxy was, I modelled him and then highlighted the whole mesh and hit 'Smooth' (not smooth proxy) He was still so damn rough no matter how many times I smoothed him he always rendered faceted?????..... Eventually he was made up of so many Polys my laptop kicked the bucket.

I currently have three WIPS. The apache from the tutorial on this site. My Vegeta. And its actually not just the house of my childhood I'm modelling but the entire complex (luckily each of the 18 houses are identical) Theres playgrounds and a swimming pool and all manner of things I need (think I need) to use the Smooth Proxy tool on. The problem I have with tying up the ends of 'Defining' edges is universal to everything I do. The more time I spend perfecting my meshes the worse and worse my geometry becomes. I only posted the house because the square windows on the square house conveyed my problem and I'm ashamed to show you some of the monstrous meshes I have produced.

Anyway I dont know how to insert an image and then write about it before inserting another one. here are some pics.

The first is where my water tank joins the wall. I have manually laid down every bloody edge and it looks neat until you look at the other side where I'm scratching my head what to do with all those edge ends. (The second pic)

then I'm hoping to show a pic of Vegeta and then a Pic of his heavy hands. (lets see)

Attached Images