View Single Post
# 24 01-04-2010 , 07:40 AM
[@daverave : I will post soon if just that I have not tryed this before and do not want to make a ass of myself and am doing a lot of work before I post...]

[@daverave : I think the texture for your head is not to bad but you need the UV to control how your bump works all over the head]

Hi...hi....hi...a strange statement comin from an Avatar 2010 Gold Medal Winner. WAY TO GO DAVE !!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE THE LAST MAN STANDING. JAMES CAMERON CAN SUBSTITUTE YOUR AVATAR WITH ANY OF THEIRS AND I DON'T THINK WE'D SEE ANY DIFFERENCE! A JOB VERY WELL DONE!!! YOUR KIDS WILL BE PROUD !!!

About UV though, I still stand by my previous statement : " If you stretch a great clear photo of a man's face over a 3D spherically curved head, there will be distortion and stretching. I have not yet seen a UV human head that is believable up till now (Beowulf is a case in point) - its either the skin is too blurry or the eyes are too blurry - I'm not talking about an alien head or something, I'm talking about a human head

But your UV of your avatar head is a good illustration of UV technique well employed - its pretty photorealistic. Your hairs are great and so's your eyebrows.

And you know what ? I've been searching everywhere for a Maya eyebrow tutorial until I read your Avatar WIP forum post. THANKS A MILLIION DAVE !!! :-) :-)

Dave The Avatar Gold Medal Winner 2010, I really have two special requests - I really want you to share with me your technique for making that superb looking hair. Are you using Joe Alter's Shave N Hairbrush ? And those beautiful texture for your Avatar especially the lips ? Were they painted directly in ZBrush ?

Many thanks and C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S !!! Never thought I could have a SM Gold Medal Winner as a friend ;-)