View Single Post
# 1 30-04-2004 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber

Cps and Ear tutorial

I am a complete newbie with Maya not really a dumb blonde. I am brunette anyway.

I gave you £30 for the cps tutorial, dragon tutorial and radial nurbs tutorial.
I was getting along well with the cps tutorial and like carls style.

Then I find I have to spend another £5 for another two points for Mikes Video on how to make ears.

Now that I find very annoying, and would expect that the advertising for Carls cps tutorial would tell me in advance that I needed another video by another tutor.

Anyway I got on with making the ear despite the sound on Mikes video being of poor quality. Then came to a ginding halt.
Where I still am.
If I create a polygon in side view then extrude it forwards or backwards, I get an edge, a rear face and a front face.
But once I have used the split polygon tool I lose my rear face or front face depending which way I extrude, yet mikes video shows the rear of the ear as having faces as well as the front. I have tried different tool settings in the create polygon, extrude polygon and split polygon tools all to no avail.

I think too that it would be a good idea if in the tutorials you mentioned anything you were doing off screen like hot key presses and mouse button presses that do not show on screen. A number of times I have searched around to try and find something only to find that a vital piece of information is missing due to the tutor doing something off screen that to them is completely natural but to people trying to learn is a total unknown.

A disgruntled and unhappy Femina.