View Single Post
# 29 21-11-2002 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber
hey cgi, i am with you - the movie was great.

and about the green fire: what are you supposed to do about it? in the book there is a green flame. if you stick to the book, you cannot change the color much (unless you define a sky-green and make the flame blue).

i especially liked the little changes: when mr. weasley asked harry about what a rubber duck is good for user added image

but one really bad thing is dobby, they animated the head and neck perfectly, and the rest off body was crap (compared the the head). the biceps did never move when dobby bended the arms - only in this one shot when they wanted to show he grabbed something. i would expect they do more work - is not a movie supposed to show state of the art cg ?? and they showed that they can animate dobby better (as seen in the head).

another small glitch is the use of old effects: the blowing up of tom riddle was exactly like the explosion of the agent in matrix. and harrys transform into other guy - the exact same thing as neo jumping into the agent (the blobs at hand and face). not sure who wanted that, if ilm (or did they only do dobby?) thought not to spend to much thought into creating new effects, or the producers of the film commanded the old effects from matrix user added image