Thread: Mi - 24 Hind
View Single Post
# 43 30-10-2010 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Looking really good Ben,
With regards to the rotors I would insert an edge loop down the middle of the rotor although slightly off to one side. Then bring down the verts along one of the edges as the rotors are a bit like a sword thick on one side sharp on the other. they do tend to be fatter at the very top where they connect though so you may need to add more detail here.

Keep up the good work though and am sure you will be able to get everything to match up in after effects.

Hi Leon. Thanks. Good idea with the sword shape, I get what you mean.

Regarding After Effects. Colours wise, and colour grading, contrast. gamma wise etc, I reckon so. Its the environment bit that im unsure of. I have only animated one matte painting/background before, and it was just a simple, small, zoom. I know I wont be able to add that much movement to the camera, but the plan is to have the camera follow the helicopter up the lift shaft and then as it reaches the top, teh background will be revealed. This will involve too much camera movement I think. Thinking about it this morning. I wonder if it's possible, if I render any background out in layers, to add some slight animations on the translations of those layers in AE or Nuke. Im gonna rig up the helicopter tomorrow and start trying to put the first 'lift rise' part together, it'll be trial and error I guess.