View Single Post
# 7 26-05-2010 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
I played around with it more last night. On my laptop it gets a bit of lag when swapping brushes and stuff but there are a few good things i really like.

Review after playing with it for 10 seconds:

-the right click brush system is quite nice. To change size, strength ext. the right click pop up menu is really easy to use for just fast on the fly changes.

-The other thing that i really like is the object selection. Just by clicking on a shape it turns it into the active object, and by shift+clicking you can select multiple ones.

-another cool thing is a brush that lowers mesh density where you want. Say you sculpt an ear, but want it less dense than the rest of the head, just brush over it.

-The paint mode didn't seem to work for me as of yet and there where some big bits of lag (no crashes).

-It would be nice to have a feature similar to Z-Spheres instead of just piecing together shapes.

-It appears to have Tablet support but i didnt get time to test that.

Apart from that i really need more time to fiddle with it before. Z-Brush is a High end program, so don't expect this to be a real contender BUT with some work (or even in its current state) it is a really good free option compared to the other open source junk I've attempted to try.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge