View Single Post
# 1 21-02-2006 , 05:29 PM

Thinking about changing to Maya

Hey guys!

As you can see, I'm new to the forum, and just as new to Maya!

I've been working in Cinema4D for the last year (don't laugh, it's the package that my college uses!), and to be honest, I'm getting frustrated with the lack of certain features that should be derigour by now, like a spinpoly function, for example. That, and the fact that the uni I'm heading too next year use Maya, has convinced me to broaden my horizons.

Two pronged post, one to say hiya to the forum, and the other to quesry whether or not my knowledge of Cinema will transfer easily, or am I going to have to learn a lot of the Maya fundemantals? I'm downloading the dog tutorial as I type, and I should have a copy of the excellent looking Game Character Development with Maya by Anthony Ward winging it's way to me by tomorrow. Will these two resources provide m with a good spring board? A friend of mine is lucky enough to have a very indulgent partner who hes bought him a book bundle from Alias, so I may be able to nick those from him for a couple of weeks...

Thanks for the time, and kudos on a very professional and esily navigated website! I use the Cinema Cafe a lot (c4dcafe.com), and it's nice to find another site that is so well organised! Oh, and if you chat to anybody from the Cafe, please don't tell them that I've turned to the darkside... user added image