View Single Post
# 22 28-07-2006 , 08:55 AM
sorry i couldn't get to everyone sooner but i've been a little busy hahah.

13th resident: hope you had an enjoyable time user added image, lol i should animate it just to show some of the things it could do and i like octo pod killer lol, i'm not good with names thats why none of my models have any. hmmm soem boosters will e good but rockets also haha and some type of reactive armor or something lol but i'll put something right there asap user added image.

tadpole: top of your class that's great user added image, my robot is huge too haha and it's got gundanium alloy lol! j/p but it's made of metal neo titanium muhahaha. should this be moved to the battle arena?

pixel soul: thanks and i used the mesh gradient with include edges for the outlines and it took about 3 hours for a single frame lol which is waaaay long compared to the others only taking about 3 mins lol. for the tentacles i used nurbs torus for each of those metal joint parts then converted them into poly's and smoothed them to get a smoother look and some sculpting in poly's then i used a cyclinder with subdivisions around axis 20 and subdivisions along height 50 and made it longer in scaling to give the arm more articulation or the arm wouldn't bend right and the cyclinder is the purple part you see in the arm, i lengthened the cyclinders to match the length of the arm then i jointed each one of those metal joint parts from end to end and used ik handles with ikscsolver in the solver attributes for twist and i didn't go joint to joint with the ik handles, just from one end then the other end instead of joint to joint which would be hell animating but will give you more control but i wanted it so that it could bend when i push it back but im not good at explaining lol as you can see but i tried if you didn't get anything let me know user added image.