View Single Post
# 1 30-12-2003 , 05:14 PM

Pixelly Flickering Effect in PaintFX render

Hello all,

I have a PaintFX tree swaying in the wind, and it has a file texture for bark, as well as a displacement and bump map via the PaintFX attributes. Now when I render it, it looks very pixelly, and the animation flickers in result. I am familiar with the solution to standard flickering, playing with the Filter settings of the texture, but there is no option for that in PaintFX. I did find a feature called Blur Mult, and it did help quite a bit, but there is still some tiny but noticeable and distarcting pixelly flickering in between the twigs and the leaves at the ends of the tree. Also, when I use Blur Mult, I lose the bumpiness of the tree, and the roughness that the displacment gave me (which looked like rough chaotic bark). Also, when I take off the leaves, and twigs and just render the branches, the renderer has problems with the very thin lines at the ends of the branches and they flicker as well. Grrr.... This tree will be in stages of death and life, so I need both to work without flickering.

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated!

-=Ralph=-

P.S. I have Anti-Aliasing on Production Quality.