View Single Post
# 12 20-08-2002 , 07:10 AM
Well first of all welcome to SimplyMaya!!, glad to see you around and asking questions. I will stick with these guys, go with Maya. I started out orignally in Max 2, and went through its add ons up to 3.5 Since my high school. It was a good program to learn on, it was rather simple to learn how to do simple animation and what not. But it got boring REALLY fast... I lost interest and never really thought about it again.

Then i got into lightwave (dont ask me what i was thinking therE) and it is actually a rather nice program, yet it wasnt for me.

Finally i came to finally get myself a copy of Maya, and it was Amazing!, i found it rather easy to learn, it was very artisticly inclined and you could create amazing things in just a couple of minutes, all of a sudden, i was hooked! user added image

Also another good reason to get into Maya is that there are alot of courses out there in many colleges and learning centers that focus on maya & XSI, so you will have a headstart in those when it comes to 3d animation if you plan on taking any...

Anyways, theres my 2 cents,
Imperator!