View Single Post
# 6 10-09-2005 , 07:15 PM
Great suggetion! My two main problems with doing this specific project in post (for an animation):

1) Time and work. I would need to keyframe the lightning positions as well as a layer mask for when other objects would cover it up.

2) I would lose the light and color that it casts on other objects.

So I'll test the paint FX.

What's odd though, is that if I reopen my completed model and then add another plane with the background I have been testing, it renders the lightning in front of it just fine... after I move the plane and change my camera view, it seems to intensify the glow, which doesn't make much sense, so I have no explanation for the changes.

Maybe there is some light linking I can do to turn off the light and reflections the plane with the background receives from the lightning light node?

Edit: Tested the paint FX and it doesn't want to make the curve paintable. Also, are the only lightning brushes in the electric folder?

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."

Last edited by Lifire; 10-09-2005 at 07:38 PM.