View Single Post
# 33 21-04-2008 , 10:17 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the crits and the comments dave, they are much appreciated. Just to let you know though, I am not using any default maya setups here. Infact I have created my own based on a whole lot of information I have read up on and after studying several different methods via tutorials.
I have an environmental sky casting FG into my scene. I have a directional light casting back light to lighten shadows and help give a more realistic daylight look. As I have had absolutely no training whatsoever in lighting, I am trying to learn it as I go, so if you've any help on that I would love it!

As for the modeling, I agree nothing is straight edged as I notice about everything around me these days, it sure is weird how you start to notice these things when you get into 3D. As in most of my scenes so far if I am doing straight edge objects and what not I do have items and props to help offset that. As I am still setting up the scene and trying to get my lighting/texturing done on quick renders I have not included any of these objects just yet. Though as I get further into that stage I would like to know what you think.

As for all the early subway station, well I think I bit off more than I could chew for the moment and yeah I agree, it looks absolutely ridiculous. But again I will keep in mind what you are saying when I get back to work on it.

As for my current lighting rig, it is experimental as explained before, and I am working with many varying methods to find which approach I like best and how to work with several different styles. As I said the only real light I have is a directional at the moment. All the shadows and light depth has been created by my environmental sphere (Not the subway, but nix that).

Thanks again for the awesome crits/comments they are much appreciated!

Edit:
I forgot that there are also area lights, you can see em in the wires. The area lights are at the windows providing GI photons for me as well.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”

Last edited by alexanderH; 21-04-2008 at 12:00 PM.