View Single Post
# 1 14-09-2002 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber

Using Maya for Photorealistic rendering

Hi, I am interested in learning a 3D rendering software package. I have been using Rhino for several months and like to make models of objects and vehicles rather than organic creatures.

However the rendering in Rhino is very basic, and I'd like to be able to render photo-real. I like the look of Maya, and like that I have been able to download the Personal Learning Edition for free, however I have been struggling to find any demo galleries on the net showing photo-real renderings from Maya. I am particularly bothered that it doesn't have radiosity. From looking around at other software web pages, the ones on the lightwave site appeared to be the most photo-real to me. Has anyone got any experience in generating photo-real stills from Maya, and any guidance on whether it is the best choice for what I want to do?

I've just read the discussion in the rendering part of the forum, andlike the sound of the brazil renderer which may be coming to Maya. I think I am really wondering about the whole process of modelling and rendering the things I want to, because I don't have an enormous amount of spare time to keep learning new packages and would like to choose one to go forward with.

Thanks,

Pete.

Last edited by badbunny; 14-09-2002 at 03:32 PM.