View Single Post
# 1 04-10-2003 , 04:06 AM

Beginner's Modelling - Opinion Time

Hello again! user added image

Okay, I'm gonna be a pest here about this seeing as how I'm still discouraged and downhardened about modelling. Up until now, 3D has been exciting and I've loved every minute of what I've learned so far. You all have taught me so much and I'm so proud of what I've done.

I'm trying to begin learning modelling and right now, I really hate it! Talk about frustration city! I've tried to follow some of the tutorials I've found online and either they suck or I do. There are so many different techniques that I can't even wrap my mind around the process. I'm still a newbie and probably always will be, not that that's a problem. I've been so tempted to get on here and ask for a mentor but I've been so busy with my Joe job(s) lately that I haven't had much time to learn Maya (and it's p***ing me off!) so I'll look for someone to take me under their wing later (any takers?)

Where did you all learn to model? Where did you go to get this stuff figured out? I've seen Brian E's stuff and I'm always floored (such beautiful work with vehicles) by the details. Who has stories for me? user added image C'mon, no modesty allowed here. user added image Spill it, people! user added image Thanks again as always for your patience and you help! user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com