View Single Post
# 15 03-11-2006 , 06:41 PM
Mirek03, I do think that your rendering problem it is more of software conflict than a hardware fault, maybe caused by incompatible drivers or something. It would also help to further elaborate on your problem.

My interpretation is that when you render an animation, it would happily do so, then stop, requiring you to manually enter all the settings again and resume rendering. Am I right? I am however a bit confused by what you mean by ‘wake up’. Are you referring to the screensaver or something like that?

Also, are you sure that your computer is not overheating? Overheating usually causes crashes and many other numerous forms instability, although your rendering problem doesn’t sound like it.

As for the stuff about the dual core options, you asked why your computer was having a 100% workload while your notebook is having only 50%. I think the other guys were trying to explain why your notebook only had a 50% workload while your computer was at 100%. I don’t know where those options are myself, but the other guys said they are in your BIOS somewhere…

“What IS the best method to use on a dual core system or a single CPU system. ??” – mirek03

What do you mean by that? Which method of rendering is best? Well there isn’t one as one method of rendering should be good on both.

About the CPU freezing, well I was thinking of something else that is completely different from your problem. As for my timeout comment, I can’t remember where I saw it in the thread, but I think that someone mentioned the CPU timing out or something which it will never do. A CPU would keep on doing a task until it finishes.