View Single Post
# 9 05-01-2013 , 02:44 PM
I found the section in part 2 of the tutorial and the problem is the triangle. I place both those edges to make the bend in the side close too the vertex's on the left and right side of the can.

You have the edge running through the vert creating a triangle. If you go to time code around 1:30 and play through again you'll see that I use the cut faces tool and say something like place the edge "just inside of this vert" indicating the inner most verts on those sections that form the X shape.

When you get to the part just before I make the bend around time code 3:38 I say something like "now before we bend the side lets go around and look to see if we have created any triangles" and "everything is all quads so let continue".

I have grabbed a screen capture so you can see the difference of the version in the video and yours around that point so you can see the issue.

Also you seem to have missed the part where I adjust bottom edges of that part the forms the X inward to create bevel. The sides on yours are coming straight down.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 05-01-2013 at 03:20 PM.