View Single Post
# 229 01-04-2009 , 03:18 PM
Hi,

Just create a texture for your object, go to the lowest level (you must have your uv's set up already) and hit Zmapper.
If you go to open config, you can select one of the maya configs, I use the best quality one.
Then click on the display section click on the 2.Tangent space map so you can see the results.
Open the normal map tab at the bottom left and if you want you can play with setting to sharpen the map etc and then hit create. If it looks ok hit esc. It will ppear on your model upside down (ready for maya Y direction) as a colour texture (mostly purple).
Just export this out and then perhaps resave it in PS to a more friendly jpeg format and then map it to your bump channel on your objects shader. in the bump2d node in the 2D bump attributes, select Use as Tangent space normals.
And render, that's it.

If you have an object with multiple uv shells which are spread out in some of the non 0-1 texture space Zmapper will not work in ZB3. It used to work in ZB2 though.

Hope that helps. When I get some more time I will be making some proper tutorials going through the whole process eventually.

Cheers

-Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project