View Single Post
# 7 25-07-2011 , 10:49 PM
An awesome challenge, very fun to do, and congratulations to the winners user added image !

otacon's, "Vintage Tricycle," is incredibly photoreal -wow!- and certainly looks like it was a favorite toy.
CONGRATS Otacon! I've always been very impressed with Lightwave's render engine, and Otacon used it brilliantly.

Jonamar's, "Toy Car," is very fun and very creative. Congrats Jonamar, great work!

Serzz's, "Helicopter Toy," is perfect. Modeled, textured, lighted, rendered, and replicating the photo amazingly! Stunningly photoreal work. Not to forget it was a favorite toy for tons of kids (and adults :-) ). I could easily see Serzz's work taking 1st place. Awesome work Serzz! Congrats!

Daveido's, "Thinktoy Buzz," is amazing; outstandingly photoreal, no doubt a favorite toy & classic -a perfect choice for this challenge (3D history and all :-) ) , and when Daveido's WIP thread is seen, I would be very happy seeing this work of art receive 1st place. Daveido's WIP thread speaks volumes; brilliant modeler, amazing attention to detail, and Daveido goes beyond just modeling, lighting, texturing, & rendering -showing several different poses with great thought put into the composition on all of them. AWESOME work Daveido! Congrats!

My sincere Thanks to Simply Maya (and Simply Lightwave) -all of the people making this happen, for putting up the $500 prize (wow! :oD ), and Thank You to all of the members who were extremely kind and helpful on the WIP threads user added image , you guys ROCK!!!