Thread: socom
View Single Post
# 8 01-04-2010 , 09:00 AM
Lifetime Member
I know what you mean mate!!!! Kurts tut on the spitty has taken a few nights ! and I have remodelled a few things as well, bahahahahaha. You tend to jump forward and get cocky (cos you know a nanospec of Maya, therefore you get cocky) and then realise you missed something as Kurt does it!! dooohhhhhhhh!!! you learn you learn. Im going to write down as you stated the 'workflow' before I start one of my own. I have too much info from Surveying at work and thinking about that to memorise everything. Luckily for me Im really good at memorising software menus otherwise it would be too hard.

So I will take note from you guys and when I do a project (which some I already have started), I will pause, think about what Im doing, where to start and do a basic workflow on paper. I hope it helps me in the end, seeing a plane and saying ' Im gunna build that' is way too vague, I have learnt from yours and others advice now to THINK.

So any novices out there that might read this, listen to the elders/experienced, WRITE your workflow down, and start with the basics, dont try to add a human hair one by one to the model in the beginning, hard not to but dont.

Cheers bullet

BTW paldav what tut was it? I wouldnt mind getting some points and having a crack at it. Just a tut number would be good ( I will look too)

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes