View Single Post
# 1 12-03-2007 , 05:48 PM
The Maya Mountain

March/April - PART ONE - Modeling

So, for the month of MARCH!

Steampunk Modeling!

The goal is to create a model! Ok, I'll give a little more info. It doesn't have to be a character, creature, vehicle, or robot, but that would be preferred. It doesn't have to be low poly (as in, for games) but that also would be preferred. When I say "preferred" I mean, my *personal* preference. It won't affect how the challenge is judged.

Here's the theme:

Steampunk "In Her Majesty's Secret Service"

Yes, steampunk! One of my favorite genres! A mixture of fantasy and sci-fi! Create a character, creature, robot, machine, vehicle, anything and use the theme as an inspiration. The phrase in quotes doesn't have to be used in your design, but it's there for those who might like to have some kind of direction.

The guidelines:

1) This is a Modeling challenge but you can texture it if you have time to better present your piece!

2) MUST be polygons! No ands, ifs, or buts!

3) The first deadline is April 15th. Yes, it's a month, but we're not looking necessarily at the first of the month as the deadline since we're starting kinda late. A SEMI-FINAL entries thread will be created toward the end of this part of the challenge. user added image

4) All work must be done by the artist submitting. One entry per person, although you can work on as many as you want.

If you have any questions, ask them here. Keep a look out for any addendums or additions to the guidelines as issues are brought up and answered.

Prize to be determined.

EDIT
Due to popular opinion, this challenge will now no longer have a part two next month and instead will simply end on the deadline at April 15th. Thanks for those who helped provide input.

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt