View Single Post
# 1 30-05-2008 , 11:16 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Indiana 4 (spoilers)

Hi all i just went to see the new indy movie and just like starwars i have to say it was a big dissapointment .
what spielberg and lucas once knew of storytelling is long gone
i really loved the previous installments just as i liked the previous installments of starwars.
everyone talks about the great steven spielberg and the great storyteller george lucas, but to be quite frank i just
hope they quite, next time they make a new jaws whom due to a nuclear accident doesn't need the ocean to survive and becomes twice as big and has wings...
Back to the movie;
I was able to overlook the superhero traits indy seems to have(surviving nuclear explosions dropping three time of a giant waterfall), the thing that ruined my evening was the (absolute lack off) storytelling, there wasn't a satisfying plot, most of the theories lucas presents are theories from erick von danniken who believed that interstellar travellers of mars or a tenth planet which is now gone in our solarsystem(near pluto i believe), gave us knowledge of irrigation, architecture and what not.
But he decided to give it his own twist into making the aliens interdimensional travellers who just disappear in the
end destroying everything they had collected(i thought the aliens percieved knowledge the greatest treasure so why
destroy it?).
-The woman with the wig and the psychic powers doesn't come of as a villain like the kalima priest from temple of
doom did.
-sidekick mac ? where did he come from? no reall explanation why he betrays indy
-mutt williams i didn't like the role he played in transformers and i don't like him now even his name is corny;
mutt as in dog indiana is also named after the dog thus the link that mutt is the son of indy....wow great find
there, lucas(being sarcastic)
- the doolitle rip offs i was glad however that the animals didn't begin to talk so there's a big plus to lucas ...(also
sarcasm)
And in the end Indy marries .....
They had twenty years and then they make this ...i wouldn't even call it a movie.
Here's a short outline of the movie i would like to see;
Indy finds the city of shangri la(place of the bermuda triangle) 10 years before this movie and because is father
and marcus and all the people he holds dear are gone, decides to stay. another ten year passes and for reasons he doesn't know (yet) the city begins to crumble, suddenly indy gets pulled out of some strange ancient bath tub by his old friend (the pavarotti look a like)who was looking for him for over 8 years because some kid from the college
where indy used to teach has found the diary of indy's dad and discovered a secret in it.
indy and his friend go back to america to the adress where the kid lives, only to find the kid is missing when they
want to go out indy gets punched by miss ravenwood whom explains that the kid is her son and that her sons name is henry jones.
The trio now search the house and find some clues the kid has left behind.
The solution to those clues are the artifacts indy found in the previous movies(the grail and the ark of the
covenant).
they discover that these artifacts are made by the aliens to keep the peace which they had for some time in an
alliance called atlantis(like europe atlantis isn't a country itself more of a union of countries), but some humans got
greedy and stole some of the artifacts for their own gain, seeing this the aliens destroyed atlantis and left,
leaving nothing but ruins behind(mayan temples egyptian temples etc) .
The good people that remained searched the planet to bring back the artifacts except the grail and the ark of the
covenant, because they couldn't find it.
When the aliens saw this they saw a good trait of humanity and decided to choose one human to give all knowledge to rebuild the peacefull society , his name through the centuries was bodidharma(boedha) jesus christ whom in the end gets killed by greedy men (romans) allies of jesus then hide the two artifacts so that humanity could never use them again.
When they find the grail(which fell there in the movie the last crusade) in a cave they get a gun pointed to their heads by nobody other then indy's son. his son takes the artifacts and leaves indy and friends behind.
they escape and discover his son did this because he believes he can save his mother- who has cancer(but didn't told anybody about it-with the power of the artifacts.
when they find him, Indy knocks his son out, because he found out that by saving one live another must be
sacrificed.
When he wants to walk in the chamber to give back the artifacts and use their power once more to save ravenwoods life, ravenwood tries to stop him indy simply says; sons shouldn't grow up without their mothers(reffering to his own childhood). at this moment indy's old friend (pavarottilook a like) sneaks behind indy and says ; children need their father too, indy.. and hits indy on his head takes the artifacts and walks in the chamber...
the next screen we see a 90 year old indy ,( marion died a natural death peaceful in her sleep after they had a

happy peaceful life) boarding a boat to the carribean saying goodbye to his son whom has a family of his own now .
In the last shot we see indy entering the same place the movie started with and indy takes of his hat and lets
himself fall in the ancient tub and enters shangri la for the last time.
moments later his son enters the room who realized indy was going away forever, looks at his dad and sees that his
dad looks peacefull takes his hat(silhuoette shot) walks out of the room and decides to destroy the entry to this
room, so his dad can rest in peace.... the end.

I just made this one up as i went along, imagine if i had 20 years.....shame on you lucas and spielberg....

Send this story to lucas if you have his adress so he gets a vague idea of how a story would look like.

Sorry for this lenghty text but i had to get this of my chest...

if you've seen the movie let me know what you thought of it.

My website;
https://www.eyellem.com

LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/martin-van-stein/42/a81/b82

Yoda post;
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...highlight=yoda

Indiana Jones Post;
https://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=29188