View Single Post
# 1 18-03-2011 , 02:41 PM

some issues with curves and surfaces

Hello.

I've been working with nurbs for a while, and since I am quite new to the thing, I have encountered some problems. Though I find it hard to explain them, I will try it.
1. Create a curve (cubic: degree 3) with the cv tool. give it more than four control vertices (8 would do). Make two random curve points (don't snap them to edit points). Detach the curve. Take the middle curve and show its control vertices. And now create a new curve with the cv tool by snapping to those vertices of that curve. What happens is that you will have 2 curves now, both with the same ammount and positions of Control vertices, and still they are different curves. I didnt get that.user added image
2. when you detach a curve, it will create 2 or more curves. When u zoom in to it very (very) close with an orthographic view, and keep pressing undo,redo,undo,redo, you will see that the curves continuity or flow changes. This doesn't happen when you snap you curve points. When you do that, and you detach the curve, the 2 or more curves that are the result keep the same continuity. I didn't get that either..user added image
3. Is there a way to create a perfect circle curve? Even when I create a circle with 49 vertices and one with 50 vertices, they still are different from each other. I can prove this have those 2 circles on the same position with the same size, than create a new straight curve through them, so that it looks like a "Q", than select them all and select "cut curves". The straight curve will be divided into 3 curves, instead of 2.
Wouldn't it be more fair of the perfect circle would be achieved with 8 control vertices. And when you create one with more vertices, it just will stay the same qua curvature? This annoys me.user added image

I believe that's about it. Hope it sounds familiaruser added image.
Greetz.