View Single Post
# 12 26-03-2004 , 09:23 AM
hey thanks for the reply's , i will evaluate them 1 by one.

ctbram: Try the following. If it works make it into a shelf button.

displaySmoothness -divisionsU 3 -divisionsV 3 -pointsWire 16 -pointsShaded 20

i already had the displaySmoothness higher than that , so after executing the command , made my surfaces less smooth than before.

NitroLiq : Not an answer but a question....it's a soda can....why not just draw a profile curve and revolve?

ofcourse i have revolved the basic part of the soda can. but the shape where you drink from the can is really not circular , so that has to be trimmed out , on the next pic you can see the outside of the top has been revolved , and the inside has a complete different isoparm structure because it is a planar surface.

user added image

NitroLiq : displaySmoothness command will fix that problem.

no it wont user added image , this is exactly the same as NURBS Suface Display in the attribute settings of the nurbs surface. (this option doesn't work when rendering to , if you render your object it still looks like crap, you have to change the nurbs tesselation for each suface to make it work.

DgAPc : I was messing around with your problem.....

i think you are right. trimmed surfaces toghether with plannar surfaces simply don't work, even with very high smoothness and tesselation the gaps are noticable if you zoom in REALLY REALLY close. you have to use extend surfaces , or extrude also works.

so i guess i will go with the extrude surfaces.

Greets Aaike