View Single Post
# 32 06-01-2011 , 02:19 AM
Might just be optical illusion then as far as height goes. Right now the bottom of the bulb cover (White Part) is 8.5 feet high. When I placed it in my scene, I googled Lamp Post Height and only went to the first website which said standard size is 6 to 8 feet. But it seemed a little small in the scene so I made mine 8.5 feet. The lamps that I've seen around my area are usually on the sidewalks on the edge closest to the road but I've also seen some that are in the grass so I figured either way was ok.

I based my scene object sizes from assuming the front door of the building is 7.5 feet tall. The internet sites I checked suggested that typical commercial door opening heights were 7 to 8 feet. So I picked the middle, 7.5 feet. All my object sizes are based on that assumption. I did however make the back of the bench slightly lower than park bench standards cuz it just kept looking awkward. Right now the back of the bench is almost 2 inches shorter than some of the standards I saw.

However, I want the scene to "Look Good" if you know what I mean. If you still think I should change it, I'll do it. I'm not sure what you mean by behind the path in the garden...could you mark it in one of the pictures for me so I know for sure?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!