View Single Post
# 11 17-06-2010 , 11:32 PM
Lifetime Member
Dave,

I havent been here long so probably not much in my reply but,

first up stwert I agree, small steps dave, no point giving it all the grunt first time around. Why not a quick easy comp (not necessarily Maya related) with a free tut or something to the winner for a new page outlay, look or ideas for such??? Give it a makeover, cost effective and will make the site appear fresh.

DONT overdo the advertising but mate, the last thing I would want to see is a squillion ads getting in my way, if you know what I mean. I am a member here (creative crash too) but I like this site, it seems simpler and less daunting than the others.

You could also have the gallery noms put up in an area voted by the members as well as mods and prizes that way.

I agree with ben too, more involvment on the other stuff, its all good having modelling tuts but when you do (Im getting there) need the other stuff SM doesnt throw a lot at you. Maybe giving the add ons a better go is a good way ben??

Logo challenge sounds cool, make it simple but effective, new pages etc would be a good and simple start. Like all you Gods keep telling me on modelling, simple first then build from there?

I think the logo one sounds good, a simple one even the noobs can have a go at (nothing godlike) and voted by members. The winner gets a free tut?? gallery for the logo?? T-shirt/stubby holder with the logo on it. A small trophy (real) with the logo on it???

Im watching

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes